Spanish eggs and sweet potato hash browns


This meal was delicious, but certainly not low carb (about 75g of carbs). Although my glucose response to it was amazing ... 112 mg/dL at 1 1/2 hours PP.

  • Spanish eggs
  • sourdough toast
  • fried sweet potatoes and onions

Spanish eggs were a recent discovery ... one of those, "how did I live 60 years without this" foods. If you are not familiar they are eggs cooked very hot and very quickly in olive oil, sunny side up. They have a delightful crispy "lace" on the edge and bottom (recipe here)

I try not to eat much bread but when I do I try and stick to either sourdough or rye as they seem to raise my BGL less than other breads ... YMMV.

Sweet potatoes (nutrition label at right) are special for me ... I have been able to eat a whole medium potato and see almost no
glucose response ... so for this dinner I just took a sweet potato and cubed it along with about 1/4 of a medium sweet onion and simply fried them in coconut oil until the potatoes were tender.

Easy (has to be if I can do it), very nutritious, and super yummy!

... enjoy