Get the most bang for your carbohydrate buck

Many of us struggle to improve or maintain our blood glucose levels by way of some form of low carbohydrate eating and based upon my interactions with other type 2's, many (most?) pursue the low-carb way of eating with little to no concern for total nutrition. I'm not talking about balancing your macros (carbs/proteins/fats). It is about making sure you are spending your carbohydrate "bucks" carefully so as to get the optimal intake of vitamins and minerals  (your micronutrients).


Honestly, it wasn't until I had my stroke that I really started looking into this. My approach has been simple. I look at the food I eat and ask myself, "why am I eating this" ... if it is meeting my nutrient need and my carbohydrate goals then it's on the "menu", otherwise I will most likely pass. 

Links: